Tuesday, December 27, 2022

27 December - St. John, Apostle and Evangelist

 


“Truly, truly, I say to you, you will see heaven opened, and the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man.” John 1:51

Thank God for John the apostle! 

December 27th has taken on a special meaning for me as I begin to grow in appreciation for his Gospel and look to continue learning it. It is a day when Christians can look up to the faith of a magnificent saint, who so clearly, beautifully, and emphatically proclaimed the incarnation of the Son of God, Jesus Christ.

I also have the privilege of celebrating this day while reading Break Point by Dr. Silvester Krčméry, for whom the Gospel of John became a matter of life and death, sanity and insanity, as he fought to survive, keep his mind, and obey his conscience during long years of Soviet prison. 

On significant days like today, I have in the past sought to begin challenges or initiatives related to Rhythm of the Sword. I don't have any such plans for today, but certainly would like to renew and continue my focus on the three elements, and execute them well today while on vacation:

  • 12 Psalms (Completed through the Rhythm of the Sword - Daily Office)
  • 0 Entertainment (solo video and image)
  • 100 Burpees
In addition to these, I'll continue reviewing John 1 and working on Psalm 37. For the New Year, some of my goals will be to learn
  • John 2-3
  • Romans 1
  • Psalms 6-10
  • Psalm 78
  • Psalm 90
  • Psalms 132-134
I am also thrilled today to have the elder member of Rhythm of the Sword begin the prayer of the Daily Office along with me! Things are gearing up heading into the New Year.


No comments:

Post a Comment