Thursday, February 9, 2023

Durant to the Suns

 

Another big trade!

This one may shake things up.

Here is my analysis:

1. Booker is still not a championship player, but Paul may be (with KD's help). If Durant is able to stay healthy, I think he has a shot of taking this team to the Finals. But now, Luka and Kyrie will stand in their way. I would give the edge in that matchup to Luka and Kyrie.

2. The Nets are really finished. They have a high quantity of decent role players now, but Brooklyn likely won't be in the title conversation again until they develop or trade for a new star player. And it's not Ben Simmons.

3. The West suddenly became significantly stronger. With Kyrie and now KD switching conferences, two teams in the West just got significantly better and one in the East just got significantly worse. Plus, the Lakers are stronger with another trade, sending over Mo Bamba. Whoever comes out of the East will have their hands full.

4. I started the season predicting a Heat vs Warriors Finals. I think that's still possible. But the more likely option to me at this point is Celtics vs Mavericks. At this point in time, I would say Celtics vs Cavs in the Eastern Conference Finals and Mavericks vs Suns in the West.


No comments:

Post a Comment