Monday, July 24, 2023

Field Report #042


We're still rolling.

I'm close to wrapping up Day 25 of a really solid stretch with Psalms and Entertainment.

I keep working on a post summarizing the breakthrough that helped me get here, but I don't want to finish it until I hit something more obviously out-of-the-ordinary for me, like 60 days. 22 was my previous best, so we are still in the ballpark of what has been done before. Once I've really had time to flesh this out and let it go through a few more ups and downs, I will make that post.

Physical fitness has suffered as I push to finish my workspace and Psalms this summer. We will still try for a 10K under 43:30 before August 12th, but it will be off of (at best) 20 days of training at this point. 

Psalm 143 is still the hidden blade, still the key. I'm running to the Psalms all the time, and that actually means running at the problem with God at my side, instead of escaping stress altogether. 

The Psalter is the very best medicine for the soul.

Where the soul is healed, the mind is at peace.

Where the soul is healed and the mind at peace, the body takes up good action.

No comments:

Post a Comment