Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Field Report #043

 


Good morning!

Since my last post, I've gotten off the exercise train and back on again. A punching bag failure was enough excuse for me to take another week off, and lose the momentum I built in mid-August. Now I have to start almost from scratch again but am happy to have everything operating.

I want to learn to approach things more like Kipchoge here, who, as John Kelly quipped, is "disciplined about his disciplines." All those skipped days, excuses, conflicts, etc. add up to the difference between a guy like him to gets it done and logs every run, and a guy like me who often finds reasons to not get it done. He has a very professional and disciplined approach to his training - just look at all those training logs!

Looking forward to practicing that consistency and strengthening that commitment this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment