Saturday, January 7, 2023

Field Report #029

I've got one!

Digging through a box of old junk from our recent move, I found this beautiful ESV Gideons Testament! I thought I remembered tearing up my only Gideons copy to make Pocket LSB modifications, but it turns out I still had a copy unaltered and in good condition! God be praised. This is an answer to prayer, as I have now lost my pocket LSB for several days and have been on the hunt for a new pocket resource.

As you can see in the picture, I'll use a binder clip to keep the pages together in an attempt to prevent folding and crumpling. I think this will extend the life of the booklet. As I laid out in an earlier post, my plan is to switch to Gideons for my "every day carry" devotional resource. I needed something pocket-sized that contained the Psalms, John, and Romans. Not only do the Gideons Testaments check all the boxes, but they are very cheap and easy to get, and so I can actually get ahold of multiple copies of the exact same translation text, allowing me to have that continuity over the years that I am looking for in these three Biblical books.

My next step will be to create and install the necessary modifications to the inside cover. The Psalms themselves are of course the best devotional resource in existence, but it's important to me to round them out with some beloved hymns, prayers, and other texts. 

I slipped with Rhythm of the Sword badly yesterday (all three categories) but am on track today. I find it very encouraging to have my new devotional book ready to go as I work through these daily disciplines. God's Word is the fuel and purpose of this whole endeavor.

Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum

No comments:

Post a Comment