Monday, September 2, 2024

24-25 NFL Season Preview

 


Football is back.

I know that most of the internet flocks here to find out what's going to happen each new NFL season - and my predictions are almost always almost right. For example, last year, one of my five Browns predictions was right, and two others were close (I predicted 10-7, they went 11-6, and I predicted lose in second round; they lost in the first.)

Since my claims prove to be practically prophetic, and since I've spent such copious time in research this summer (well in excess of 300 seconds), it's time to throw down some bold predictions. Buckle up, and start placing your bets...

#1: Nick Chubb will rush for 1,100 yards. 
He's going to be unavailable to start the year, but even if he can play 10 games, the guy could probably throw down 110 per game. Chubb is the hero Cleveland needs but not the one it deserves right now.

#2: The Packers will win the Super Bowl.
Jordan Love was taking names during the playoffs, and he just needs a little more time to grow. Things are looking bright in Green Bay, and if it's not going to be Cleveland or Cincinnati, I'm OK with Green Bay. I think the Bengals will do well but it's not a Super Bowl year.

#3: The Browns will get rid of Watson.
This is more me just explaining what I hope will happen, but at some point they've got to realize they've made a mistake, own it, and cut their losses and start to rebuild. Give it two more years to try out another terrible quarterback choice, then they finally land one, then a few years to develop... 28-29 Super Bowl Champs!

#4: Football will replace Christianity as the most popular sport religion among American men.
Perhaps a little outdated, but please somebody put together a survey and make it official. They should get Fort Wayne or St. Louis to ironically lobby to start an NFL team called the Golden Calves.

#5: Cleveland vs Washington will produce the first 0-0 regulation game since 1943
Sounds like Cleveland's defense will be stout again, and the Redskins' offense is supposed to be bad. Since the Browns are extremely averse to touchdowns and scoring points in general, this could be a real low-scoring game... I mean, real low. You heard it here first, 0-0 on October 6th.

No comments:

Post a Comment