Saturday, May 20, 2023

Field Report #037

 


Good evening!

It's been a while since I've put out a Field Report. But I had a few thoughts to put out there so here they are.

Today marks the conclusion of Week 1 of my training program for 555.5 - an upcoming Pirn endurance event (December 30, 2023). The first week of training has gone well, with a steady diet of Psalms and 0 Entertainment as planned. Lots of progress to make, but like I said, starting how I want to. Week 2 has the same plan, but I may sprinkle in 40 daily burpees (excluding Sundays) so that 80 won't be as much of a shock to the system a week from now.

Also I'm still pushing to be able to open up the above-pictured Psalter I bought! It is inevitable if I just keep going.

The Heat are up 2-0 (Yes!) but the Lakers are now down 3-0 (Aw.) Meanwhile, there's a big fight tonight, starting in about 20 minutes: Haney vs Lomachenko. I like Loma a lot, not so much Haney. But purely in terms of boxing, there are many reasons to believe Haney has a significant edge here. But like last time I made a fight prediction, I have to go for the guy I want to win. Hopefully his good qualities will be enough to carry him to the victory, or otherwise God will fight for him.

It's interesting how invested we assume God is in sporting events. Most of them serve more as distractions from his word, unlike the life-and-death, good-and-evil competitions of Old Testament history that this thinking is rooted in. 

Anyway, I'm saying Lomachenko UD tonight.

Let's see what happens!

I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment